Warriors was originally created by Erin Hunter. Katie7Flubber created Warriors Returned, a book series similar to Erin Hunter's Warriors. All terms [ex. twoleg, ShadowClan, herbs, etc.] were created by Erin Hunter.
New to reading this book? Click here to read the Prologue! All caught up? Click here to read the newest chapter!
Click here to read the introduction!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lurking Dangers, Chapter 10

Ravenpaw

     "He what?" Ravenpaw yowled, shocked. "Why would Whitepaw try to kill you? He's a medicine cat, he's supposed to heal cats, not hurt them!" she stumbled on her words as she said them too fast.
     "Exactly. Whitepaw is supposed to heal cats, he doesn't have to," Patchpaw grunted. She had a point, but it wasn't great. Ravenpaw took in a deep breath. 
     "Patchpaw, Whitepaw, come with me. Redpaw, you should come too." Ravenpaw ordered to the three other cats that stood in the clearing. They nodded, but Whitepaw was reluctant to come. After some persuading, he trotted after the other apprentices. Ravenpaw slithered into a hole and the cats followed her down. They all settled down in spots that they found were comfortable, all except Patchpaw. "It's so dirty!" she complained, but finally found a good place to stay. 
     "Patchpaw," Ravenpaw mewed, "What did Whitepaw do?"
     Patchpaw looked down at her paws sadly, "I was collecting moss for the kits in the nursery when I heard pounding noises. I turned around to see those two dogs coming towards me. And Whitepaw was there. But he didn't do anything to help me. He was just standing there, smirking, wanting me to die. And you came and he ran. You saw the evilness in his face though, right?" she was shaking now, and Redpaw wrapped his tail around her and tried to calm her down.
     Ravenpaw nodded, 'Thank you Patchpaw, you may go to camp now," Ravenpaw saw that she was fidgeting in the dirt, uncomfortable again. 
     "Now, Whitepaw," Ravenpaw looked towards the small cat once Patchpaw had left, "What did you do?" Whitepaw was shaking and his eyes were wide. He looked like a kit that had been scolded for the worst thing it could do. Then he took a deep breath and controlled himself, "I-I didn't want to!" he wailed, "But these cats, it's.. Darkshadow! He doesn't like Patchpaw because she teased him when he was a new apprentice. He used to be a kittypet. His name was Sharpie. But he was strong, and old for an apprentice. Only about a moon later he became a warrior. And I want to be a warrior. But I'm too weak. I'm too clumsy to be a warrior, so Bravestar suggested I be a medicine cat. And it's fun with Rockfall, but he's almost dead! What would I do after that?"he shook himself fiercely, "Darkshadow knows this loner named Breeze. He's really old, but fierce. Darkshadow and Breeze are teaching me how to be a warrior. But they'll only persuade Bravestar to let me be a warrior if I kill Patchpaw. I really don't want to. But I want to be a warrior so badly. So I made those ThunderClan cats chase after her, and then those dogs. You guys always show up and stop it," Whitepaw sighed, "I really really don't want to kill her."
     Ravenpaw and Redpaw sat next to him as he wailed sadly, "I don't know what to do! Darkshadow will tease me and make lies about me if I fail my tricks to kill Patchpaw."
     Ravenpaw sighed, "I think you should tell Bravestar. It might help put an end to this. And maybe you can be a warrior for bravely telling her…." Ravenpaw's voice trailed off, "Well, let's go back to camp."

No comments: